The MS program is designed to be completed by full-time students in one academic year (10 months or 12 months). However, schedules for part-time students can be made with special arrangements. Students interested in part-time work should indicate this on their application. Graduates of the G2 ABS Certificate program may apply to the program for admission in the fall, spring, or summer. Students who have not completed the G2 ABS Certificate program must apply for fall admission. Admissions are rolling and applications are not reviewed until completed (including transcripts and letters of recommendation).
All applicants must meet the standards outlined by the Graduate School and by the MS in Physiology program, including completion of all undergraduate pre-health coursework and a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better.
Fall - May 15
Spring - November 1 (open to G2 ABS students only)
Summer - May 1 (open to G2 ABS students only)
Applications should be submitted by the deadline. Applications completed after the deadline will be considered as space permits.
How to Apply:
When completing the online application please select the MS in Physiology and Biophysics program and the semester you wish to enter the program.
Application requirements include the following:
1. Georgetown Graduate School Application Form (online).
• Application fee (we cannot offer fee waivers for low-income applicants at this time)
• Personal statement
• Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one letter from a science professor) or a committee letter packet.
- All applicants have the option to submit up to three letters of recommendation, but only two are required.
- For students applying from the G2 ABS Certificate Program, your first letter must be from your assigned ABS Program letter writer and the second letter from a source outside the ABS program (e.g., an undergraduate professor or a science/health care related employer or supervisor). Do not submit two letters from within the certificate program.
2. Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended are the only requirement not submitted online. Do not delay sending transcripts from in-progress programs as this will delay the consideration of your application. Send all official transcripts ASAP to:
Office of Biomedical Graduate Education
Attn: Regular MS in Physiology
3900 Reservoir Road NW
Washington, DC 20057-1411
3. Students with an International Degree: Applicants must meet the requirements outlined by the Graduate School, including minimum scores on the TOEFL or IELTS exams. We require to have international school transcripts evaluated for equivalency with U.S. Standards. The preferred place for this evaluation is the World Education Services (WES). WES charges a fee and requires an original transcript sent directly by the school. Please have WES send their evaluation directly to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Education at the above address. International students applying from the G2ABS certificate program should apply to summer program immediately following completion of their certificate to maintain the full-time student status necessary for their F1 visa. Note: the TOEFL code for Biomedical Graduate Education at Georgetown University is B191.
4. MCAT or GRE are not required.
5. There are no additional application requirements specific to the M.S. in Physiology program.
For more information on scholarship opportunities, tuition fees, and more, please refer to our Biomedical Graduate Education Admissions & Financial Aid Page.
If you have questions about your application contact:
Ms. Renee Barton
Assistant Director of Admissions - Biomedical Graduate Education
If you have questions about the MS in Physiology program contact:
Ms. Katie Helgeson