Application deadline is December 1st for summer (July) matriculation. Please note: we do not have matriculation in spring or fall.
The Ph.D. Program in Pharmacology follows the application procedures outlined by the Graduate School. At a minimum, application requirements include the following (Please complete 1. and 2. below):
1. Georgetown Graduate School Application Form (online)
- Application fee
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s) (sent via snail mail)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test
- TOEFL is required for applicants who have or will be receiving an international degree. All applicants must provide proof of English language proficiency to be eligible for admission. The requirements are outlined by the Graduate School, including minimum scores on the TOEFL or IELTS exams. Note: the TOEFL code for Biomedical Graduate Education at Georgetown University is B191.
- We require to have international school transcripts evaluated for equivalency with U.S. standards. The preferred place for this evaluation is the World Education Services (WES). WES charges a fee and requires an original transcript sent directly by the school. Please have WES send their evaluation directly to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Education at the address listed below.
2. Pharmacology PhD Supplemental Application (online); this must be completed in order for your application to be reviewed by the department.
Transcripts are the only thing not submitted electronically. Please send your official transcript to:
Office of Biomedical Graduate Education
Attn: Ph.D. Credentials - PhD in Pharmacology
SE108a Medical-Dental Building
3900 Reservoir Road, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20057-1411
If you have any questions regarding the Georgetown University application, please contact:
For questions regarding the Pharmacology application, please contact:
Barry Wolfe, Ph.D.
Director, PhD Program